Code: Orange is a free, informal and confidential drop-in, supporting young people who have experienced or been affected by sexual violence. Currently, you must be referred into Savana, or already accessing Savana, to access these sessions.
What is a drop-in?
A drop-in is a casual, informal place you can come along to if you would like some extra support. You can come and go as you please, and do not need to attend every one. Our drop-ins also offers personal development workshops but you do not have to take part, it’s entirely your choice how much you get involved with.
What do we offer?
- A safe and friendly space for young people to meet, once a month, and share experiences
- Support in understanding and expressing your feelings
- Opportunities to explore and express yourself, in creative and expressive ways
- Psycho-educational activities to boost your knowledge and understanding
- Group discussions, which can help you to learn and understand more things that affect young people and how to keep yourself safe
- A range of activities designed to promote emotional resilience and well being, including mindfulness and relaxation techniques
- Qualified counsellors to speak to privately when needed
When do they run?
***The first ever Code: Orange Drop-in will be on Tuesday the 13th of August 2019, for young people aged 16 and 17.
For young people aged 11 – 15, the first drop-in is on Tuesday the 27th August 2019.
The colour and theme for the first drop in is: Orange: Curiosity***
We currently have two drop-ins running. For young people aged 16 and 17, Code: Orange is the second Tuesday of every month. For young people aged 11 – 15, it is the last Tuesday of every month.
The group drop-in runs from 5:00pm until 7:00pm.
The 1 to 1 drop-in runs from 7:00pm to 8:00pm.
The 1 to 1 drop-in offers qualified counsellors for short sessions to offer immediate support, information and signposting to other helpful organisations.
Our Youth Ambassadors scheme is in development and we will have more information soon. Keep checking this page for updates, if you are interested (we’ll also keep you up to date at the drop-ins).